Thursday

Another Brick in the Wall


Even though it is just days away before I depart for Italy, I still have many things I am working on ...


When I return, I will break ground on the room addition, remodel and the demolition of my current sunroom and kitchen. Last night, I was able to confirm that the thirty three foot brick interior wall has been purchased along with the thirty three foot back splash above my counters.


My kitchen should look 'old world' when all is said and done. The tile, which I have above, is a combination of marble, onyx and granite. This will run the entire length of the counter top which is a continual thirty three feet of counters. Perfect for cooking but even better for a buffet when I entertain. There are not going to be many above counter cabinets, instead, I am going to have tumbled marble bricks that will create the wall.


My kitchen will expand by twelve feet, it will have double ovens, a new stove top, virtually all new appliances. I am going to have custom made cabinets with glass fronts for the three above the counter cabinets.


Ah yes, and this will all begin when I return from vacation. So, in my spare time, I need to order appliances. Can you imagine what amusing (meaning frustration) experiences await me?

No comments: