Thursday

A penny for my thoughts


Now, I am all about saving things ... well things worth saving ... like Marshall Fields, or the smell of bread puffing out of Perfection Bakeries or clothes for Goodwill when they out grow me. Sometimes you got to know when to hold'em.


Have to say, that I commend those who want to save the Lincoln Museum, but don't you think that is ain't going to matter what we say or do. They had to weigh out that this was a "significant" year --- yet they said close. They had to know about the license plate --- yet they said close. They had to know of one of largest fall festivals in northeast Indiana named after it --- yet they said close. Even the idea that 1,000's of kids hop on yellow buses to learn about it --- they said close.


Tell me, what reason might anyone come up with the "search for ideas to keep the museum here" campaign would work? The Friends of Lincoln or their board of some group of good-dooers are working hard for people to write in and give ideas of what we can say or do to keep the museum in our community.


Here is my suggestion, save your pennies and let life unfold. Oh, and with those pennies, share them with others and say "look that is Lincoln, and we had a museum about him in our hometown". Trust me no one is going to then say ... "would you take me there..." because few people did and won't.

No comments: