Saturday

Carbo Makes His First Visit to Italy ... Pope Makes HIs First to USA


I have waited a life time to go to Italy, and I am nearing the day that I can say reality beats out fantasy.


Isn't it funny, the day that I depart for Italy ... the Italian icon, the Pope, is departing for the US. This marks his third year sitting in the big chair at the Vatican.


So as I go on vacation for three weeks, the Pope is also going on vacation - I bet though he is not going on a food adventure like I will. Nearly everyday of the trip will be food related - whether it is a cooking class on the mountain top of Tuscany or a gourmet food tasting of Venice, I will be taking in the best of the culinary of my mother land. If I come back a tad larger, please don't hate me. However, right after I return my kitchen will be removed for three months so I will quickly shed what I put on - at least in theory this is how my mind is thinking.


My blog will go on hiatus for about three weeks. I will be without a telephone, without a cell phone and no Internet access. I plan to take a boat load of pictures, drink plenty of Italian wine and roll around in olive oil.

No comments: