Sunday

Making my lists ...


The last week in town before I depart for Italy has put alot of things on my plate. It is all clear who is taking Clyde, who is at the house, what happens to my mail, my bills, my plants, my work load - all of those details have been delegated.


Of course, my life could not be simply that easy - that I am only leaving for three weeks and I have nothing else to plan. Nope, the 45 - 45's are being hand delivered. What? I am turning 40 years old this May and I having an amazing evening of fun, but it was limited to 45 invitations being presented - all on a 45 record. It has been mighty challenging to determine who received the coveted invitation. My holiday party has over 200 invitees.


I have canvased the list of friends and acquaintances and selected those which would receive a hand delivered invitation. As of today, about half of them are in the hands of those invited. Ha, at one time I kinda felt like Willie Wanka passing out chocolate bars with gold tickets inside.


This is not an ordinary Carbo party - where I will be able to open my home to everyone and fun ensues. Nope, this is in a controlled environment with a national recording artist that will perform at a private venue. I am not even cooking for the party, so the control factor that I have always prided myself of being all knowing that I have the right food for the guests is out the window. I have taken a picture of the Indiana Hotel Lobby to figure out where I will set up everyone, the vocalist, the Catablu cateering and the bar. Pretty darn exciting.


I have to do all my laundry before I go ... I wash once a month and it is that time of the month. Why once a month? Well, I have plenty of clothes that I could go two months, but I have been roughly the same size for years and it is amazing how many clothes one can accumulate in a life time. Since I am so green, I wash when I have a full load - and that is once a month. Most of my clothes go to the dry cleaner - not as green.


Today I hit the road again to make deliveries. Maybe I will see you?

No comments: