Wednesday

Cross my heart!


Well, today is the day when lovers fall deeper in love, and those not in love learn to further despise this holiday of joy, prosperity and self loathing. Finding a table at a restaurant is impossible. The cost of flowers skyrocket. Chocolate is sold like gold. Ladies wear more red on Valentines Day than any other day. Of course, I have nothing planned, no celebrations, no singles-only event, even. But many years ago, this date has gone down in history. It was ten years ago today that I stopped breathing. The day that my organs started to shut down, leaving me on medication for the rest of my life due to a faulty thyroid. A bit of heart weakness from the event (and this had nothing to do with just have being married month prior to this)... Through a series of test, studies and a good old fashion EKG. Nine years later, I am doing pretty well. I have days where the medication does not give me the ability to keep up without being fatigued, but I always keep pushing to make sure that I make everyday better for others as well as myself. The condition is not life threatening, unless I stop taking the medication. So, as long as my medication does not get hid or lost, I will be here until it is really time to go! To all you happy hearts out there, enjoy your holiday. to all of us not taken hearts, someday we can share in this day of glory.

No comments: