Thursday

Fourteen days of pasta!


It is never too early to plan ahead. I am meeting with a travel agent to gather some ideas about my October excursion to Italy. I am going to be going for 14 days, I think. Hoping to visit Rome, Venice, Tuscany, Island of Capri, Naples, perhaps Sicily. I want to make sure that I am not riding a bus, on some geriatric tour of the state. Initially I thought a tour could be a simple answer to not knowing much language, or how to drive in a foreign country etc. Except when I received the tour brochure, I was a a bit surprised that the pictures made the people in the D. O. McCombs preplanning brochure look young. I want a bit of guidance while I am there, perhaps a driver, who can point out some great haunts but not be in my face talking, talking, talking aimlessly about something that does not float my boat. Well, unless I am in Venice, and then I do want someone who can float my boat, because I really want to make sure I don't sink to the bottom and find Hoffa. I am a vacationer of one, as of now. I am going to make this adventure a part of my being and see a place I have wanted to see for many years. Perhaps I may find relatives over there that I don't have, won't claim or won't discuss when I return. Oh, you all know you have some broken branches in your family tree. My tree is far from a weeping willow. So, today I am going to garner some vision about the place my family had called home.

No comments: