Saturday

Free lunch program...


I received a phone call that I won a free lunch to El Jarrico or something close to that on Goshen Road. You.come.today! Well, I did show for my free lunch, no grand hoopla, no streamers or special reserved table, but I could have anything I wanted from the menu. I was conservative, had an Iced tea along with a chicken chimmi. Oh yeah, baby, I know my lingo! I brought some paperwork from the office and sat in my booth and minded my own business. The place was actually very busy. Across the aisle, an elderly couple sat, talking up a storm, relatively loud. Perhaps both were in need of a battery replacement in the hearing aid, but this is simply a thought. Anyway my crispy chimmi arrived and I began to enjoy it for all it was worth. It was very funny to watch this couple interact, I assumed they were a couple. Imagine all those years of being together, the stories they could recant. The lady leaned forward and said to her male companion, "lean forward I got something to tell ya". He leaned forward and she said (don't read this outloud if you have children in the room) she said... "Last night he wanted to do me from behind, and I said to him, I am 68 and I can't do it from behind!" Needless to say, I pushed my chicken chimmi forward, put down my fork and proceed to lose my appetite rapidly. Sadly, just because one leans forward to tell a secret, one must recall to tone the voice down so not to share the secret with the entire restaurant! Just goes to show, there is NO free lunch without some strings. I guess at 68 it may be too late to try new things or at least she knows her boundaries!

No comments: