Friday

Just a gentle hummmm


Alright, here's the deal... I was invited to one Halloween Party this year. So, I guess it has hit the press that I am not a good spooky guy. My Casper licence has been revoked. The party I went to was at the home of a dear friend's that cooked and cleaned and whipped up one casual and relaxing evening. What did I eat? Well, I was conservative in my consumption. I had a bowl of chili, that was grand. I also had a glazed donut. So, this goes against the reason why I got up before the donut maker this morning to work out, but hey, I was only given one opportunity to eat Halloween-ie food this year. One of the activities planned was to carve a pumpkin. I did not bring a pumpkin, even though the invitation clearly mentioned doing this. I just was not feeling artsy wielding a knife. However, women young and mmhmm not old were making pumpkin sculptures. Pricking, prodding, pushing, polishing and pestering to make certain that the pumpkin they created was fabulous. And they were! The topic of course veered right into oncoming traffic as we talked about the classic power tools that could make life more well rounded for the heavily gifted pumpkin carving women. Because this blog could be read by readers of all ages, suffice it to say that the conversation made the pumpkin's smile cracked tooth and all.

No comments: