Monday

Making beautiful music


It has been one crazy, action-Jackson packed weekend. I was a DJ at a wedding.

I had a board retreat also. Both unique experiences. The wedding was simple and quaint. Rapid as lightening wedding, it was not the four hour catholic wedding, with half time show. The reception had all the fixins of ham and turkey and beef and an assortment of the frivolity that one can find on a buffet line. I did get an ear full from a lady, and that term is used lightly, proceed to ask me I haaaadddd any ACDC! Just your typical wedding ditty, but I had to tell her no. Not only did I not have it, it did not fit with the ambiance for the evening. Though I did not use that big word. Well, she begins to tell me in a flavorful yet descriptive vernacular, what I should be doing to myself rather than spinning tunes. Hmm. She got mad and decided to walk home. Sunday, at the retreat we shared openly ideas and concerns that help to put the past behind, the history or the roots, to help nourish the organizations future. Daunting task concerning, that when many boards conduct retreats, the founding members are not sitting around the table. It does add a unique perspective when the founding members have new members as part of the mix. An organization experiences many growing pains, no matter how slow or how fast the development occurs. I felt the retreat was extremely beneficial. I gained much perspective about the past and the needs of the future. I also understood more about the people who sit around the table. Everyone has a voice, and the truth is, everyone must use it. There never is any secret that I am not afraid to break down any barriers that exist, real or perceived, to allow for a bit more harmony. It is now bed time, I am a tad exhausted.

No comments: