Friday

Brought to you by James Taylor


Just yesterday morning ... while watching tv with my coco pebbles, I saw fire, I saw rain and I saw sunny days that they thought would never end.
Across the nation, California battled fires, while Texas set a record for the number of continuous days of rain. While Florida is battling heat as is Nevada, setting heat records.
I kept thinking to myself that song writing must be such a knack to hear and see the most obvious things around you and slip some beat and rhythm to the phrases that are part of every day life.
Then I thought, well that works for old-time music, but does not apply to the heavy rap tunes of today. But perhaps it does, and the songs which I cannot relate to, may be from parts of life that I have yet to experience, and really hope I never do.
So, as I walk out this morning, and wrote down this blog, I wish we had more songs like Fire and Rain by James Taylor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.