Tuesday

Not in my backyard... well, maybe


Yesterday afternoon, I was headed to the bank (which is by my house) but could not make the switch of lanes to get there, what happened? Well a tanker truck had flipped over. In what became a 45 minute maneuver to get to my house, I find that nearly in my back yard is a tanker truck burnt to smithereens. US 24 was shut down both east and west bound.
According to my trusty sidekick, Clyde, it must have been a ferocious boom because Clyde went for cover. He busted down the safety gate to get to the lower level of the house (which he is not supposed to be down there, because he has the entire upstairs to himself).
I can tell you first hand that until 1:00 a.m. they worked on getting it cleaned up. Large machinery, with loud scrubbers, horns, bells and whistles worked over and over and over this charred section of US 24. They were cleaning tar that had oozed out of the bubbling tanker.
You can read the story in the newspaper, or you can take the word of Clyde, it was bad.

No comments: