Monday

Fishing for an update.


Friday for lunch I had clam chowder at the Cork and Cleaver. Sunday I had clam chowder again at the Fish of Stroh. I had to look up the definition of a chowder because they were drastically different. There are two types of chowder: New England which uses cream, and Manhattan style, which uses a base of pureed tomatoes. Well, neither of mine were red or had tomatoes.
Fish of Stroh was more like a broth rather than a cream but it was very easy to identify clam from potato! The Cork's was a thick, rich, creamy soup. The kind where you drop the oyster crackers on top and they don't move. Stroh's was a very thin based broth when the crackers hit they splashed. Both had their own good qualities, but I felt more at home with the Cork than Stroh.
This weekend was a fishy kind of weekend: I had the clam chowders for lunch on Friday and Sunday. I had wasabi tuna for lunch on Friday and fried fish on Sunday. Friday night I went to Catablu and had the rock shrimp stew and lobster macaroni and cheese. I wish I could say I ate healthy, but what I can say is that I ate healthier. Saturday for dinner I had wine with my pringles so that pretty much shot me in the foot. I was just not in the mood to cook so I opened a bottle of red wine that had ginger in it. It went well with Pringles! That is your food update!

No comments: