Wednesday

Enjoy life!

I think it is important to live in the moment, not worry about the future or remember the bad from the past. With every bad day a good day comes.

Perhaps an optimist, but for the Three Rivers Festival Bed Race, it ended years ago and was a crowd favorite. Today, it is coming back and depending on the success of the event will determine its future. I normally attend two days at the festival. One being the parade and normally just a food visit. Well, tonight I am doing a food visit and the Bed Race. No, my bed is not racing down the road, I am a spectator. It should be much fun. But in other news...

The Southwest side of Fort Wayne is in revolt. Taxes. Damn those taxes. The uppity southwest people have tossed their ice tea on the floor of their homes and said 'we protest' take that!! Much more of this and I am opening a carpet cleaning business!

Star Jones is mad as hell too. She is mad that the truth must be told about her amazing 100 pound weight loss that happened like a miracle and not through surgery. In an upcoming issue of Glamour (which I think they picked the wrong magazine to feature her) she tells all about her path to a gauntly appearance.

Drew Carey is the apparent prospect for the host of the Price is Right. I have yet to understand his rise to success, but perhaps he is enough of the 'everyday people' to host this show. I can tell you that I can not tolerate him. So, it looks like I won't be retiring from work so I can sit at home and watch the Price is Right.

Oh yah, talking about not going to work... Don't take a government job. Well, at least for the county ... 24 people will be losing their jobs. Yes, really job elimination in government. I know, I know, who would have thought this to be possible, but it looks like the driver of the gravy train and their apostles are losing their job due to lack of funding. The irony, they are losing their jobs due to the annexation of Aboite. The people in Aboite are going to pay more taxes. The county lost 4.1 million dollars because Aboite as part of the Fort Wayne family. Does anyone think this is confusing?

Well, see everyone tonight at the Food Alley....

No comments: