Saturday

Everyone loves a parade... I think?


Over a decade now, I have been in the Three Rivers Festival Parade. I have been in the parade as a board member for Three Rivers Festival, University of Saint Francis, American Cancer Society, All American City, Bicentennial and IPFW.
This year I was a banner carrier for IPFW. Pretty low maintenance role, but it was fun to see the happy faces that sat four, five and six rows deep along the parade route.
The day begins at the crack of dawn, as we had to be there at 6:00 a.m. For the guy who never wants to be late, I could not sleep ... I woke up at 1:00 a.m. and have been up every since. I cleaned the house, I made breakfast (egg omelet from my handy dandy Magic Bullet - which everyone should own by now), took the dog for a walk, showered and goofed around by reading magazines and watching tv. So by the time I got to the Parade I was already tired haahaa.
About 10:00 we began to walk and get into position. By 11:00 a.m. we had paraded through the entire route. I saw many friendly faces. I waved to people I did not know and people waved back. It was a much friendlier crowd this year, or at least it seemed.
Perhaps the weather helped, as it was around 80 rather than 100. The wind was gusting (which played havoc on the mortar board I wore with my IPFW graduation gown.) All and all, the Festival has begun. Grab your wallets, head down to junk food alley, and listen to the BIG named musical acts. (Oh yeah, they are not coming this, well you can at least imagine!)

No comments: