Saturday

Grrrr!


Yesterday evening I attended a Pirate Party. It was not the national day of "talk like a pirate day" it was a birthday party for a person who cracked fifty. People were asked to dress up like pirates or winches or mates. Well, I was not in the dress-up kind of mood, but I did find a pirate bandanna and I tied it on.
A surprise at the party, a real pirate who thought he was Johnny Depp. I actually rented the Pirates of the Caribbean many months ago, and made it eight minutes into it before I went searching for a sword to end it all. I could not understand how one movie made it, let alone three. I could not take another minute of it the show.
Well, the kids at the party were going ape over the Johnny Depp Pirate, and so were the ladies. Made me wish I had dressed up, not for being the kid magnet, but you know what I mean.
The weather cooled from 95 to 85 and it felt like Alaska. It was a fun adventure and really cool to go to a party that I did not throw!

No comments: