Sunday

Egg-sactly what Fort Wayne needs ...


As some of you may know, I have been playing "Bob Villa" doing some home remodeling at a friends home. We decided to break for lunch yesterday and we went to Calhoun Soup, Salads and Spirits.
I have heard of the restaurant, that it was new, it was on the Calhoun corridor that is being revitalized (which I am not sure I saw that when I was on the road) and I heard that the staff was friendly.
Here is what I found: the building is a flashback to a Chicago neighborhood restaurant with original wooden floors, exposed brick walls and charm that you can't buy. The tables are not close to one another allowing you to have a conversation without your table neighbor finishing your thoughts.
The wait staff, she could not have been more friendly if they drugged her. She was perky but not like fake saccrine, she was the real deal. I did not see anyone else working but I was near the front of the building, near the glass windows.
There were large flat screen tv's around the room, which were a nice touch but so not necessary. But, if I was on a bad date, perhaps it could have made it better to have caught part of Everyone Loves Raymond ... but I am not dating this year, so salvation from bad dates is not necessary.
I digress, as I always do, I ordered the Egg Salad BLT The best of both worlds. A BLT with creamy egg salad. Served on White, Wheat, Rye, or Sourdough bread.$4.99. I selected the Rye. It was served with chips and one side, and my side was mac and cheese. I had ice tea too.
It arrived fast, great flavor, super price and the refill on the tea made it before I slurped up air. Bravo! At the end, she offered the dessert menu and I ordered apple caramel pie. Have to tell ya, the pie was awesome, but our waitress had not tried any of the desserts before so she could not give us a recommendation. Someone needs to sit her down and give her an employee perk! I think restaurants need to have the staff be able to sell by personal experience.
Anyway, this place is great. Near downtown, nearly perfect meal.

No comments: