Saturday

Welcome back!


While I was on vacation, my house was secured with more than my alarm system ... luckily for me the overhead door was secured shut by the loss of power in the garage. A fuse popped or blew or gave way but the end result meant that there was no power to my garage which contains my freezer.
So upon my arrival home, I clicked my garage door opener and nothing happened. I sat and panicked because I did not know if I had a key to my house. I have become reliant on the simple push of a button to gain access to my house that I normally do not carry a key let alone have a key when I am on vacation.
I tried to see if I could pry the door open, but as I am sure the neighbor who watches every move I make could have stated, it was not budging. I realized that perhaps in my haste to depart, my winter jacket in the trunk may just have my office and house keys. Low and behold, I did have the keys.
Once inside the house, and then the garage, I realized what had happened. My freezer was prepared for the winter blast and an event I have scheduled at the end of the month. All the food was lost. So I wheeled the garage dumpter to the freezer and proceeded to unload everything inside ... except my frozen Heath Bars.
So moral of the blog today is make sure you have keys to your home and perhaps someone else does as well!

No comments: