Tuesday

Just so you know ....


It is hard to believe that I have clocked almost forty years of life already! I am very proud of what I have accomplished and the friends I have been able to surround myself with from my days as a White Swan worker to being the mascot for L.S. Ayres to many years in human resources to my current gig as the president of Tri State Maintenance, Inc.
Recently at a Jim Brickman concert in Fort Wayne, before the show backstage and after the show through the meet and greet I had an idea but did not know if it would be possible.
I asked Anne Cochran if she would consider singing for my birthday. Well, she opened her mouth and started to sing the "Happy Birthday" song. I said, no not now, but I do appreciate it, to come back to Fort Wayne for my birthday?
She said for my people to call her people. My people called her people and while on the island, I received a phone call. Her people said YES and my people (which is only me, of course) calmly stated thank you and traded information on how to reach me and what type of musical/sound equipment she would need.
Needless to say, I am on the edge of my seat, top of the world to have such an amazing 40th celebration. An intimate evening with Anne Cochran toasting to 40 simple years, but all memorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you! Mark that is a fantastic birthday present. I'm so happy for you.