Friday

Let's Hair for the boys!



Driving to work out Wednesday, I was listening to WOWO Radio. Bob Chase, who is older than any fourteen people you know, began his commentary about the Colts playing the Bears. Yeah, Go Bears! When he began the conversation about the two "Afro American" coaches. It was Afro this Afro that. I think somewhere the King was rolling over! (Possibly not the same King I was able to capture on the anniversary of his death, but you get the point). Bob Chase continued to talk about the momentous occasion of two Afro coaches going to the Super Bowl. His thoughts may have been in the right place, but the words did not catch onto the lingo in the diversity training courses he has taken over the years. Oh, in case you have no idea what I am referring to, the Super Bowl being played in Miami in a couple weeks, has two head coaches that are ... oh now, what word do I use.... black? AfriKan? colored? Oh, no, no matter what I put in that blank I will have offended someone. I definitely can't say the N word, because I am not one, but if I was one, I could, or so I have heard from Dave Chappell. I guess no one wins at this ... except next Sunday one of them will, and we will wait to see what is said about the coach then. Until then, talk about the team not the coach.

No comments: