Monday

Pour some sugar on it...


Happy New Year! I made it through the night without being slammed, arrested or intoxicated. Sounds boring I know, but I actually had a very good time. Funny, for the first time in a long time I was starting the new year with a different group of people. The tradition went unfulfilled and the new wasn't all bad, but it was sad not to ring it in with my traditional buds. I did a little dancing, did a little talking, did a bit of a photog work, did a bit of eating, did a bit of socializing, did a bit of singing (sorry to those in earshot), and I did have a good time at the YLNI Masquerade Ball. The steering committee worked their tails off to make the 300 people capture the feeling they were aiming to achieve. Many people thought the facility (The Historic Embassy) was tastefully decorated. Others thought the music made it feel a bit New York-y. But no matter what happens not everyone will be happy. Perhaps like a couple that got "locked" in the coat closet. At first thought, it was believed they were checking out more than coats. But once the door was unlocked by Embassy staff, the two came out looking like one strangled a cat and the other looked as if the gun did not have any bullets. Today, my goal is to organize - not a mafia - but I am getting ready for the tax season, making sure the closet it in order, and then next to the pantry to figure out how I ended up with 10,000 brands of tea!?! To all my faithful readers, I have not set goals or aspired into a plan of ten things I need to achieve this year. Rather I challenge myself to have productive and awesome memories in 2007. Hope you are a part of them!

No comments: