Thursday

Traveling with my Uncle



Oh yeah, it is that time of year again. Tax time. I used to look forward to tax time, as a kid (and up until a few years ago) I would take out more money than I needed to each pay period for taxes. It was awesome, because every spring I would receive a nice check that was called "Uncle Sam is sending you on vacation, check". I always planned that that check would allow me to travel or go some place fun, all because my Uncle Sam believed in me. Well, I guess my Uncle Sam passed away and now I am sending him a vacation check, and it sucks. Now, for you financial gurus that just read this excerpt, probably are thinking how ridiculous that idea of taking an extra twenty or thirty dollars out and giving it to the government to invest for a year. I am smart enough to know that, but I am also smart enough to know that I do not have the discipline to hold those funds in an account for a year. I once tried a Christmas account, but I think I celebrated Christmas in July.

Tomorrow I spend some time with my personal accountant. I am prepared, have my books in order, and copies made, ready to hand it over and see if this year Uncle Sam is sending me on vacation or if my Uncle Sam is going to spend another year on some warm beach.

No comments: