Monday

Heart and Seoul


Last night a friend and I went out to dinner at the new southwestern restaurant "Tokyo Seoul". Which sounds to close to "Tokyo Rose". Ironically, someone working there did look like her. However, this can't be true because she is dead (or so they say, she could be just as alive as Anna Nicole Smith!) Tokyo Rose taunted Allied soldiers in the Pacific during World War II, broadcasting popular music mixed with breathy so-sorry-Yankee battle reports and hints that their wives were cheating on them back home
Well, that really was a sidebar to the reason I am giving you a food update. The restaurant was stark empty at 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday night. My friend and I sat at a white table in a nicely lit, clean room. The restaurant looked Oriental enough but I am not sure I could have discerned Tokyo from Seoul to Chinese but I felt the motif working. The wait staff was very friendly. She asked if I had ever dined here before. I said no, shook my head up and down, for whatever reason I looked like a bobble doll. She recommended the BBQ. We ordered our entrees. I ordered the BBQ chicken, my friend the beef. We ordered a couple pieces of sushi and we soon received our Myso soup. The soup had flavor. I was mighty surprised to enjoy it. If you have not had it -- it looks like water with a few white squares floating in it with green something or anothers.
The meals came shortly after our sushi appetizer, which mine was a spicy crab that was kick ass good. The entrees came to the table in its own oven top. I kid you not, we had to move down in our table because the stove tops took up two seats. Our meal cooked at our table. The wait staff at one point stood there and cooked for an uncomfortably long amount of time. All and all, the meal was good. I understood what I ordered and I liked it. The "free" sample items are a blurr as to what they were. I ate them some where better than others. But definitely a place to try if you like adventure.

No comments: