Wednesday

This is only a test....


Today was the leadership breakfast for the Girl Scouts of the Limberlost. I was there, were you? I didn't think I saw you, but there were so many people in attendance, it would have been easy to have lost you in the crowd. You know, the Girl Scouts is just not those damn cookies (which I buy a case a year, whether or not I will want them or not). Truthfully, I am not a big rah-rah for male rights, female rights, gay rights, dog rights, lefts and rights. I am really about making the world a better place. Doing my part to make everyone have a better life. Yes, my therapist says this is that flaw that I have not been able to fix. However, many people need a bit of guidance, a helping hand, a support system. Perhaps the Girl Scouts provides this to just one person, perhaps that is a lie. Thousands of girls in our area are connected tighter and closer than a quick game of Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon. I wrote my check to support the cause. It is never to late to write your check to the Girl Scouts. Ever bit we do helps shape the future of our community. Plus, without Girl Scouts, there would be no thin mints! Now that is alarming. Speaking of alarming, the Marriott Hotel needs to do something to make up for the stupid fire alarm that goes off at every event I have been at in their balloon room. Twice during the amazing Girl Scouts breakfast it sounded. I guess this was just a way to say wake up Fort Wayne and do your part to shape the life of a girl.

No comments: