Sunday

Walk this way...


Last night a handful of friends and I went to the Museum's fundraiser at the Willis Home in Forest Park. The four level home which had millions of dollars in renovations (which makes my measly 40k remodel seem like a new bar soap) was showcased. Our evening began at one of their homes where we toasted some wonderful news about the upcoming birth of a baby. We walked over to the home where we proceeded to sweat like we were in a sauna (well, at least I did!) and we grazed on some of the samplings prepared by Splendid Fare. We had dinner reservations at Paula's at 8:30. Well, with the advent of Daylight Savings Time, it was about 9:00 when we realized we may have overstayed our welcome. Perhaps we should not have used the bidet. Hmm. Anywho, we walked back to the house where our cars were parked (again with this late night walking....) We arrived abit after 9 and had drinks, dinner and dessert. Another excellent evening in Fort Wayne. This weekend has nearly felt like a vacation in my own hometown. I have spent the weekend with great friends, had wonderful conversations and I did not have to leave a twenty mile radius. What is in store for Sunday? Well, I am leaving the 20 mile radius ... stay tuned for more Adventures of Carbo (who just celebrated another year of being divorced! Amen!)

No comments: