Monday

One vote for snow

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous. It made up for all those people who were mad when the snow came down, down, down just a couple weeks ago. I spent most of my Saturday outside (I know, that is such a shock!) I transplanted some of the daisy crop, into the wild half of my planting bed and in the sculpted side of the planting bed I have added some colorful additions of flowers that so far (day two) have not been attacked by the rabbits. I wanted to get the flowers in the ground before the neighborhood association drops the mulch. The planting beds are separated by a sidewalk at my house. One is just a mass of wild vines of ivy fighting with the gazillions of daisies. While the other side has miniature bushes and sort of a symmetry pattern to it. Last year a friend put in 800 pounds of top soil last year in this bed and I can't begin to tell you how easy it was to dig in the beds to plant the flowers this year. I never hit clay/rock. I was more than happy ... and the weather was grand. Side note: Clyde does not like being outside. He was put on a line so he could run the yard while I was out there. He barked at the door. Guess he wishes it was snowing.

No comments: