Friday

A shift in the house...


Well, this has been a wild week. Glad it is coming to a close. I know, with the title of my entry, I am sure you believe you know what my chat will be about. However, this has nothing to do with elections. Nope. Truthfully, though I voted both parties this round, I really do not think it made much of a difference. What really is important is that my home needs to whip into shape because CARBOZO is just weeks away. So, this weekend, I am making my list and checking it twice. No, not to see who I need to invite, that has been complete for months. What I am checking is to find out what I need to purchase to make the multi-room buffet for CARBOZO. This is the ten year anniversary of holiday open houses. Historically, this has never been a Christmas Party. This has always been a chance for friends to visit the home, eat some food, and make new friends. I can not begin to tell you how many people have met new friends, left very full, and even have bumped into classmates from fifty years prior. So. as the time line goes, this is the weekend of making the food shopping list. Next weekend is setting up all the tables and getting it ready to be a party, and then the following week, I prepare items that may be frozen (which is very little this year because I seem to have not thought out the menu well enough haahaa). December 2 is just around the corner and CARBOZO will go down as THE holiday party of the season. (At least I think it should be).

No comments: