Saturday

..when it was cool...


Everyone has a dark side, part of their life that surprises other people. Not long ago, walking through Sam's Club, the place where I can buy a ton of cereal and make that my on going nightly routine, I came across a box set of cds. Three cds to be exact. One artists, thirty songs. Low and behold, I had to buy it. I have been a huge Barbaba Mandrell fan (plus her sisters, mind you) since the late 70's and 80's. I regret that I had never seen her in concert. She had a near death experience, that centered her to focus on family and leave the entertainment world behind. I had this box set, unopened for about a month until yesterday. I thought, I am going to listen to it in my car. Well, I did listen to it. I sang to it in the car and was just hopeful that no one on 69 could read my lips as I was belting out her hits: "Sleeping single in a double bed", "The Best of Strangers", "I was country when country wasn't cool" or "Crackers". So, as you think of my hidden nugget of the past, what are you hiding, that you think it is time to share?

No comments: