Sunday

I just need a couple pills...


Okay, I changed my mind. I felt guilty. The year without a Christmas tree. So, I went down to the storage room and dug through the boxes of stuff to find a few tubs of Christmas decorations. Once in my life I had double the amount of Christmas decorations but it was about two years ago this month that I decide to give up, walk away from or start fresh as I began a new chapter in the life of Carbo. So, my tree does not have the collection of snow penguins, or snow babies or disney ornaments that I had collected for years, but on the other hand it does not have angels, french-victorian bulbs or that country-bumpkin feel either. What I have this year is an artificial tree that looks like 10,000 people all hung one thing on it. It is my split-personality tree. I am not sure how it went from elegant (last year) to the most dysfunctional tree in Fort Wayne. But it is up, and I am feeling so darn Christmassssyyyy I can hardly handle myself. Since I was in the spirit, though I did not have any spirits which may have helped, I went shopping for gifts. I went to one store and decided that this may be the year everyone gets something from an online vendor. Overstock.com, or potterybarn.com or ebay.com. I came home and decided that I want December to be over. I think I need to find a place to go for the rest of the month, perhaps Israel. Not thinking Christmas is a big deal over there, especially this year.

No comments: