Sunday

Shake your snow thing...



Well, we are just hours away from the second biggest event of December, Christmas. (Of course the largest event of December was Carbozo - thank you very much!) Well, around my house, Christmas is a bucket of cards, a tree that looks like a mistake, and a handful of early gifts from people who won't be seeing me anytime soon. Bless them for thinking of me. But under my tree there are no presents, just some stray dog hair and perhaps a red bozo nose that some how appear in the damn-dest places. I think one of my funny friends hid noses throughout the house, as I find them when I least expect it. I spin the Christmas carousel, and hear some of my favorite holiday tunes. Over the past couple years, I have not stopped believing in Santa, but I think he stopped visiting my house. Must have lost him in the divorce. Oh well, Clyde is blessed with some fun gifts and that is what the holiday is all about. On the tunes: "Hard Candy Christmas" by Dolly Parton; "Home for the holidays" Jim Brickman, "Ordinary Miracles" Anne Cochran, "Grown up Christmas List" Amy Grant; "Christmastime is here" Vince Guarldi; "Holly Jolly Christmas" Burl Ives, "Merry Christmas Darling" The Carpenters; "This Christmas" by Chicago or Patti Labelle. How ever you may spend the holiday, do it with style and remember it is not whats under your tree, it is what is in your heart.

No comments: