Tuesday

You will leave your lights on...


Twenty years ago, I ate my first and only Taco Bell meal. I was on the Ball State Campus (some may say I was just visiting, others know that I paid for a year and went for a quarter, but nonetheless...). My roommate, his girlfriend, her roommate and I went there for dinner. Well, for seventy cents we could eat forty tacos with beans and rice. At least something ridiculous like that. Anyway, the next morning the newspaper said that the same Taco Bell we ate at, was closed. Not due to poor sales, or a remodel or anything like a holiday, nope, it was because the Board of Health found rat turds in the re fried beans. Hmm, well that seems like a very valid reason to close the place down, if I have ever heard of one. Needless to say, I have never eaten at a Taco Bell. So, to my surprise, as I am watching the news (not Nancy Grace), Taco Bell has had an outbreak of E Coli. E Coli is normally associated with under cooked meat. Considering that a mouse or a rat was not thoroughly cooked, could be the source, but I only suspect this to be the case.

No comments: