Thursday

Fishy situation

Okay, yesterday I did something I seldom do and that is eat "semi-fast food". What an experience I encountered. I went to Long John Silvers. Don't ask why, just accept this as a fact. As I parked behind the building and walked to the front door I came across a dead bird. This was a sign, so note to readers - any time you find a dead critter on the outside of the building something is wrong on the inside. I kept walking to the front door and noticed that the wood in the windows has decayed and had nearly disintegrated. I got inside and realized I have been in cleaner truck stops than the entrance floor. I continue to walk .... I could not turn away, it was a drug. Fast food drug that I could not get out of my system. Went to the counter where the wait staff never said hello, or 'grrr' as a pirate mate might. I ordered some chicken fish platter. She said something, but for the hearing impaired, luckily I saw the screen of my total. I waited at the counter and she said 'you're waiting on your food!?!" I nodded because I thought that seemed obvious. It was sort of a question but it could have been a comment but nonetheless, I just paid for my meal, I was waiting for it. The meal was served on lovely black Styrofoam. That about grossed me out to begin with. Anyway, the food was pretty good but as I was eating I looked at the sorta white walls and notice that every baseboard and chair board was painted blue, but so were sections of the white wall with oops-paint strokes. Kindergarten kids really would have done a better job. Well, that is my experience with Long John Silvers. The food tasted good and greasy (as to be expected) but I felt as if I was in a third world country getting there...

No comments: