Sunday

What's playing on my IPOD

Greetings! This day I have been packing my IPOD with new tunes and new artists, a few veterans return with music too. I thought I would share this with you:

After seeing his lame-ass performance on American Idol where he was high or dumb or lustful for Paula Abdul, I almost did not buy this CD, but my co-chair for the American Red Cross' capital campagin, Linda Jackson, raved about it and she was correct. It is great and I think the song "Everday" made the CD well worth the purchase. His last CD had a song called "Home" that has become one of my favorites of favorites. Enjoy!





Grab a bottle of really good wine, or a super drink, throw down some candles and spin this album for a calming, relaxing vibe. I have enjoyed Feist over the past couple years to just veg-to. The vocals are light and lilty and great to listen rather than to sing with. This CD does not disappoint or vary from that formula.

After I stopped laughing at the cover art, I clutched the CD toward me as I headed to the counter so no one would laugh at what I had in my hands. I have always been a sucker for buying music from artists that I have liked a song or ten from past Cd's. Such was the case when I picked up an album by Leann Rimes that I had no idea had been released last year. So, if I did not know, then most likely few people did. It was the "pop" Leann Rimes not the "country" which is the same person but just mixed a bit different. It had some nice hooks, and overall not a bad mystery purchase.



I had never heard of Rosie Thomas, and probably never would through my travels in life, but I picked up the headphones at Barnes and Noble and heard her voice on "Songbird". Not the one with Anne Murray, but her voice and simple arrangement was captivating. I had to own it. The album was not like "amazing" but I enjoyed the simple music and the voice which was soothing.




Mig Aysea's album MiG is awesome. It takes adult contemporary songs and wraps them with some great musical arrangements that are soothing but not make you tired. His voice is calm and breathy.



I added Mavis Staples. No relation to the lady who played Edith Bunker on All in The Family. She was born in 1940 and is best known as the lead singer for the Staple Singers. It is a nice refreshing voice from the past 'making it her own, dawg'.

















1 comment:

Jennifer said...

If I remember correctly, MIG was a contestant on "Rock Star" and was fabulous! Sadly he did not win.