Thursday

Giving something back ...


I spend nearly 3/4 of my noon lunches in a restaurant. I seem to haunt the same places like the Cork, Chops, Hartley's, Flat Top and El Azetca. I enjoy the menu, or a specific item they serve (like the salad bar at the Cork, or any of the wraps at Chops, or the fresh squeezed grapefruit martini at Hartley's, or my table 49 at Flat Top or the Chicken Enchiladas at El Azetca.
When you go to the same restaurant you get to know the staff and it becomes like a proximity friend (someone you know and talk with but when you are not there you don't make efforts to contact them). Anyway, I have made a habit that the month of December I pay extra attention to tipping not just 15 or 20% but I tip at least 50% to say thanks for a great year!
It was kind of funny, I was down at Le Peeps (which for some reason I always call Little Bo Peeps which I am sure they do not find funny at all) with a friend just a couple weeks ago. She was dynamic and fun and made the breakfast better than it actually was. I did give more to say thanks.
So, my Carbo moment of advice, this holiday season ... tip extra for those who are in your proximity. Your wait staff, your hair salon or other people who are expected to know you but you are not expected to know them back ... Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Little Bo Peeps is too much! I about swallowed the remainder of my cigarette when I read that! That is so you. I'm SURE they wouldn't appreciate that. BTW, loved that Carlos O' Kelley's story. Merry Xmas, you too, Buggy!