Saturday

Special lunch encounter ...

I took a personal day on Friday but somehow worked a good portion of it, but that is not really important. I have to pause a brief moment to say that in the Fort Wayne Blog world there have been many discussions bantering about the purpose of blogs, the truth in reporting and the value that they bring to our community.

Well, this blog will never bring great value to the community. I am a simple guy who writes about the thoughts that roll from one side of my head to the other. Growing up Carbo, I used to write journals and have a box of them yet in the house (oh yeah, one more thing I received in the divorce but then again, they have no value) anyway my blog consists of random thoughts and happenings, views of likes and dislikes and perhaps a community PSA to just boast about something everyone should know ... with that said back to my lunch.

Okay, so at 3:00 p.m. last night I stopped at the Carlos O'Kelly's near my house to order my favorite (and only thing I would eat at Carlos' and that is the Chipolte Chicken Burrito.) Well low and behold, there are three tables of people and we are all sitting right outside the kitchen. The waitress, a middle aged woman with JET BLACK hair and someone who just got upgraded from perhaps her long standing gig at Walmart or Big Lots. She came to the table and said something close to, if not exactly, "they said I had a table and woohee here you are!" I think I was expecting more of "Welcome to Carlo's O' Kelly's can I get you a drink, we have Pepsi products"

I did not open my menu and said actually I am ready to order. She tuffed back "You want me or a taco (pronounced Tak OOOOOOO". I was thinking if there is a fricken camera on me, I sure don't look the best. I said "Neither appeal to me, I would like the chicken chipolte burrito". She literally took a step back because I may have offended her, but for some reason I think she forgot what i said and and...

She asked, would you like beef or chicken? Huh?!?

As she left my table as I answered the questions (and YES there are dumb questions in the world), she walked through the opening and yells out "Thumbalina". Well, as the meal unfolded and more crack pot moments occurred I just let them all roll away. However the consistent thing stated by her was "Thumbalina" every time she walked into the kitchen. Perhaps a Mexican ritual to ward off ghosts, who knows? I can tell you that she was 10 cents short of a dime.

The meal was good and it was chicken, but then again it was a chicken burrito. Why we all had to sit in the same section as one another and right out side the kitchen still puzzles me. Everytime she yelled Thumbalina, we all started to look at one another like ... what the ... Oh, and one finally occurrence, one of the other tables were exchanging gifts and the waitress came back a few times to see what everyone got and asked if she could see them and put them in a bag. It was a classic moment in the Creative Mind of Carbo.

No comments: