Sunday

Oh what a feeling ...

This weekend, a very good friend and I went to Indianapolis to do our Christmas shopping (yes, I did it during Hanukkah). We also had our fortunes told. It was a very good and wonderful experience.

First things first, the reading gave me some ideas of who, where and what could happen to me through a chance meeting ... I am to meet an exotic looking person, who has no baggage my age that is looking to start a life with me. Oh, and it should be in a Barnes and Noble or a Borders. So, effective immediately, I will be moving to Barnes and Noble waiting for my future partner!!

Second, we went to Bonefish for dinner. Had a great meal. The funny part of this adventure was we drove around the parking lot for about 10 minutes attempting to find a parking space, but there was no spaces and no one was coming out so we could take their space. So went behind the building and found one parking space. We pulled in and we gathered ourselves to get out. Just as quickly as we did this someone came to the drives side and said that we could not park their because it was for valet parking only. I handed him my keys and said "want to park my car?" He looked befuddled, as most 18 year old kids do and said "but you are parked" and I replied, "I know."

Next we get to our hotel room and we are sitting out in the living quarters watching television, 20/20 mind you, and I have to tell you I am not sure I have laughed more in a such a long time. So, if you did not see the show, they were talking about how mean kids can be. Well, they show two teenage boys in a car driving around screaming out their car window at people. One screamed a bunch of tiny kids "there is no Santa Clause". One was an overweight man, in a speedo, watering his lawn and the kids screamed "put some clothes on, pervert" (and I must agree, it was disgusting) and the one that dropped me was an older lady who had fire engine red hair and they screamed "nice hair, whore!" I am sure you had to watch it but I still chuckle, yes I know kids are mean ... oh well, so am I.

Finally, we shopped until we dropped and made our trek back to Fort Wayne a few dollars less than we started but filled with great memories and fortune (or so we hope!)

No comments: