Sunday

What are you doing, New Year's Eve?


As I crank out another year of life, and bring in 2008, I was not sure what I wanted to do but I did know that I was not up to getting dressed up. I also knew that I had no interest in dancing all night and sweating like a oinker. I also knew that I had to be mindful of Clyde so this pretty much meant I was going to be home.
With the old wheels in my turning slowly, I thought why not have a nice quiet dinner with a couple friends. So I called a dear friend and asked her, "what are you doing New Year's Eve?" Well, dinner sounded quaint, something simple and casual.
The next an invitation went out asking for immediate response as I was going to host a 7 course New Year's Eve dinner. My friend called and said "I thought this was going to be simple!" Well, yeah simple but this could be executed very simply if I plot, plan and prepare.
So that is what I am doing for New Year's Eve, plotting, planning and preparing! I also am trying to set some personal goals, but real goals that I can work toward not the goals like - lose weight and keep it off - ha, you crack me up. Things like be a better save (not green as in the earth, but the green that I can buy Swiss Cakes with). Travel - take adventures to places I have never seen and may never see again. Be a good friend .... catch you all in the New Year!

No comments: