Tuesday

What are those kids singing...


When I was growing up Carbo, I remember a time of the year when a group

of us would walk around Pine Valley and sing Christmas carols. So, if you lived in Pine Valley in the mid 80's now you know that one of those "Christmas Punks" grew up to be a blogger (good for nothing as you may have thought). Anyway, we sang for food I think, albeit cookies.

Now I would sing for Swiss Cakes, but that is an entirely different story. I thought it might be fun to test your music lyric knowledge. I still am trying to figure out what a "round yon virgin" is, perhaps I do know that after all.

Let your heart be light from now on, Our troubles will be out of sight...

Thumpetty thump thump, Thumpetty thump thump.... (always a nice sound, isn't it ... reminds me of my days living in Canterbury Green Apartments)

But she forgot her medication, and she Staggered out the door into the snow.

Why lies He in such mean estate Where ox and ass are feeding? (really? I have been singing this song SO differently for years!)

Long lay the world In sin and error pining, Till He appeared And the soul felt its worth.

Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas... Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas...

Check back tomorrow for the answers to the Christmas trivia. There are no prizes if you win, as this is the season of giving ... I just gave you a quiz you will give me the answers. We all will feel the warmth in our hearts (yeah, right! where is my money!)

No comments: