Friday

All that glitters ...




I have always wanted to have a very nice set of dishes. Ironically with all the entertaining that I do, and did when married, we never had a good set of dishes. We had a half set of Phaltzgraff that I got at an outlet store, and a set of 48 of white plates for mass entertaining and some all glass plates which looked great the first year but look really bad now. I did have my mother's china and I had enormous chargers from Pier One but not a real set of dishes until now.
So at the annual Crate and Barrel giveaway sale, I purchased a set of dishes for 12 - dinner plate, smaller plate and a bowl. They rock!


So little by little I am rebuilding the house the way I want it. Today, a builder is coming out to work on a price for the kitchen remodel. It will take about three months for the work to be complete which means no kitchen for me for three months and that means no parties for three months.

So, it will be a long summer!

No comments: