Thursday

One oar short ...


So, for the record, I am alive but feel as if I should be pushing up daisies with my neighbor. This, whatever I have because cold sounds just too simple, is kicking me from here to there. I am busy at work, so I could not afford to take a day away.
.
I took my lunch break at the nearest restaurant to the office which was the Venice. Wednesday they host a pizza bar which is great ... easy in and easy out. Well I had my pizza around 1:00 p.m. and a few other late lunch people were in the building when out of no where the sky was falling, rather raining.
The ceiling sprung a leak. first a small stream then the entire length of the room, down the center (I am sure there is a word for that but I barely recall much about geometry, let alone names ... but they were right, I would need it later in life and look, I am now a statistic)... Anyway, one staff person said "get a bus tub" while the person directing went to go get someone, the lady who had the directive to get a bus tub, got a piece of pizza first and then got the tub.
.
Good to know that if the place was going to flood and she may not make it through life, that at least she had food in her stomach for the autopsy. I sat there watching this unfold thinking this is very odd! The lady who I thought went to get somebody came back with a white bucket and was "catching" water.
.
Code red must have sounded and they began to remove artifacts from the table tops and kept mumbling "this is bad". I assume she meant her pizza she was eating was getting cold because I am sure as hell don't think it was about the water flowing in ... but I could be wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, Hope you are feeling better now. Let me know if you need some killer (aka Lipton) chicken noodle soup!

Dee