Tuesday

Lightbrite in my house!


Growing up Carbo, one of my favorite toys beyond my Mickey Mouse record player was my lightbrite. Fun with glass pegs and electricity, what a novel concept for kids.
The other night when I woke up at my early morning hour, perhaps 3 or 4 am, I just sat up in my bed and looked around while I was petting Clyde. There was so much light that I had to think when did my house become child proofed for late night walks down the hall?
In my room alone, there is a light that is on the telephone while it charges, there is a light on the cell phone charger, there is a light on the IPOD docking station, there is a light on the power strip cord, there is the light that is on my computer to show the battery is either charged or not charged, there is the light from the Internet box, there is a light on the Direct Tv box, there is the light from the CD player to show that it has electricity but not one.
So then I went into the hallway, there is of course the nightlight in the bathroom, which I now realize I never need. The water cooler has a red light for hot and a blue light for cold, the 3 400 cd changers and the receiver have lights too. The smoke alarm has a light the clock on the microwave is lit as well as the security alarm pad.
If there was a way to turn off all these lights on all these items I doubt I would have an electrical bill. So, here is a tip, go green by taking out all these darn "just so you know I am working" lights.

No comments: