Friday

From the library of Carbo

Yesterday, as a few members of my staff and I ate lunch, we asked those real important life questions of who would you like to meet that is famous, or best dining experience etc.

Well, the question came up as to which book do you enjoy and of course, being the heavy reader that I am, it took me a split second to spout off and say Corduroy! The book was written the year I was born, I have read this book so many times as a child that it just feels like an old friend.

The premise of this novel (he he) when a stuffed bear is all alone in the department store at night, he begins an adventure that sends him through the store to find a button off his overalls. (Never got overalls, but that is okay, it is only a book) When he discovers a button on a mattress he pulls and pulls until he falls off the bed, breaking a lamp and is slothed out by in store security. He is put on a shelf and he falls asleep to be purchased the next day by a girl name Lisa, who loves him and brings him home.

I have a sister Lisa, so I think I assumed I was Corduroy. Okay, I was a kid, give me a break. Well, I thought that until a few years ago. However the book celebrates 40 years and it is just as sweet now as it was back then. Pick up your copy.

No comments: