Wednesday

Online romance?

Last evening I had a great dinner with a good friend at Chops. It was a "working" meeting because I had something that I needed her help with in order to meet a deadline.

Chops was bustling and it was great to see that on a Tuesday night considering American Idol was starting back up, the Michigan primaries would be reporting and it WAS Tuesday night. I enjoyed the New York strip steak and she enjoyed the surf and turf. We decided no dinner is complete without dessert, and since there were many options on the dessert menu we narrowed it down to two.

When the waitress returned and asked if we had made a decision we both spoke at the same time to say our selection, it became obvious which one of us was once married and the other one who aspired to be married. I said we would split the dessert and she said we should share the dessert.

We both kinda paused and I said it is funny because I think I believe that nothing is shared anymore it is divided. Quiet a revelation in my mind, and it took most of the ride home to realize that divorce did jade my way of thinking.

We bounced our conversation to online dating at one point and heard of a new website called Plentyoffish.com. Now, neither of us had signed up but it is interesting when you watch television or log onto your computer how many online computer sites exist.

The problem remains that some people need to be retrained on how to date, how to talk and how to think. Seems like this really should be part of a workforce development grant. This is more important training than learning how to go from making widgets to wiring a circuit board.

Today I am going to be more astute to how I say, what I say to see if I am salvageable in the marketplace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that the site makes it easier to find a crack head because they actually admit it : )