Sunday

Mexican Adventure (s)



Friday night I joined some friends for a second time birthday party. This was not one of those occasions where the birthday person was holding on the same year, it just happened that last Friday we went out for her birthday too, but she was not with us. That happens often, doesn't it?
Topic of interesting talents each possess came up. One person could tie a cherry stem with her tongue. One person could stick her foot in her mouth up to the arch. One could ingest her fist. One could cover he nose portals with her lip. I struggled to think of my interesting talent. I still can't think of something that really is interesting that I have discovered about myself.
Last night, a group of us went to Las Lomos (the site of last weeks shooting, surely you know things like that do not happen twice -- and it did not). I can tell you that it was not busy at all. I am thinking that not all publicity is good publicity. The food was good, it was my first visit to this restaurant on the corner of Creighton and Fairfield. My car was still there too, anyway, the topic surfaced around death. Woohoo, lively topic, but we discussed near scares and scares with cancer and other things that would bring the end of us. I think I realized that my talent may be that I am not afraid to kick the bucket. If I found out that the clock was running low of batteries, I do not believe I would make or take the initiatives to do treatments for cancer or remove massive tumors.
It does make me wonder, is that a talent to look down the road and foresee that life has been good but it is okay to check out? I would not end my life by any mean -- trust me -- I lost a friend last April that way and I can tell you that is just a horrible residual effect on everyone. However, naturally, to expire everyone (though maybe sad) understand and expect/accept the uncertain timing. Perhaps if I had kids or a special someone in my life, I may have a different view of cheating "being halfway to dead (as my friend referred to it)".
Anyway, not the usual Carbo stream of thoughts, but it did stir much debate at the table. I am also the kook who leaves price tags on items I purchase that would be easy to resell on Ebay or at a garage sale too, but that is another topic for another time.

No comments: