Thursday

Back to you ...


Not to drop names, but I just have to ... coming up this weekend on Indiana Newscenter's News Now program, stay tuned for Rachel Blakeman and I with the world-famous Linda Jackson. Our topic is Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana, YLNI!
Here is a teaser ... will one of these people announce a bid for a political office? Hmm, tune in to find out.
Growing up Carbo, I had my first on-air opportunity in the 70's when I was the spaghetti eating kid in a commercial for a local restaurant. I still remember to this day, that I was suppose to act like I was going to eat the food but don't eat it because they were going to take many angles. Well, guess who got a second bowl of spaghetti? Yep, I ate it all.
Time would pass until the early 90's when I joined Jane Hersha for her program to discuss the Bicentennial of Fort Wayne's Historic Book. Around the same time, I joined Sandy Thomson on her community affairs program to discuss the Bicentennial, but was overshadowed by Fabio who was on promoting himself on the cover of a romance novel. The Haunted Fort event put me behind the news desk with Lee Kelso and Karen Hensel too. What fun memories and great people I have met.
My aspirations took me down the path of being in broadcast, whether it be radio or television, but I took another road and the rest remains history. Luckily, during the All America City venture in the late 90's I was able to report for News Channel 15 with live remotes. Fun fun.
Well, it was great to be behind the desk at INC and you can't have anything but a good time when you sit next to Linda Jackson and fellow blogger http://bepartofthesolution.blogspot.com/ Rachel Blakeman.

1 comment:

Anthony Juliano said...

Sorry I missed your 15 minutes of fame...let me know when/if it goes up on the web.