Saturday

Stop laughing ...


Since the middle of November I have been doing home remodeling at a friends new place. New to him place that is, this home has been standing longer than I have been living - trust me that is getting older with each day.
I have learned skills I never thought I would or might or even desire to know. It has not inspired me to do my own addition and remodeling at my home, but it has been interesting to learn the art of putting in tile, and refinishing wood floors and priming and painting and patching holes that I would make in the walls (long story, but I learned to fix my mistakes).
A great friend of mine were on the phone yesterday morning and she asked what I have been doing with my free time. I paused and kinda laughed and said I have not had any free time and explained what I am doing with my nights and weekends. Then she started to laugh and she said "who is this" followed by "you've got to be kidding me".
Needless to say, I must have carved a strong image of the guy with the checkbook and no natural talents. Which is actually still very true. However, knowledge is power and I got it!
This upcoming week may be the conclusion of the entire house remodel. In the summer, I am going to help burn off paint from the siding. Burn off? I hope he has insurance, because this sounds like a mistake that won't be as easy to fix. Stay tuned.

No comments: