Saturday

Get out and shop and save some money ...


Hey folks, public service announcement - get out and shop all weekend long! This is the last weekend before our Indiana sales tax goes up a percent.


I left the house at 7:00 a.m. this morning and started with a good hearty breakfast at Sara's. Comforting to know that the crazy lady, Hillary Clinton, did not destroy that place - with her visit yesterday to my breakfast joint - like she would if she was elected president. Had my meat omelet with hash browns. Next stop was Target.


I spent more at Target than I did my entire Chicago trip a few weekends ago. I bought some music and small travel size bottles of stuff for the Italy vacation. Then I thought, heck I am going to be there nearly three weeks, these sample size bottles will last me a week. I figure I will cross that bridge when I am over there ... at least I know I am in compliance on the flight over.


Next I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a few CD's (I really want to write a CD review, but it has been ages since I found some decent music). Next I went to Fresh Market, picked up some jalapeno cornbread - that stuff rocks. I also picked up some orangina and something else, I forgot already --- just crazy man with a credit card I guess.


I went across the street to Stein Mart and bought some shirts and a pair of shorts. The cashier said "getting ready for spring?" No, not actually, getting ready to save one percent on all purchases. She looked at me strange, and I thought, whatever lady, you will have an "AHA" moment soon enough.


I came home to post this blog so I could share the word of the wise to you, my reader (s) plural I guess. Anyway, I am headed back out in a few minutes to help the economy and save some money. See ya at the mall.

No comments: