Monday

Peeps kicking back...


Well, I have nearly recovered from Easter Brunch. The dinner was nearly 30 people and everything went very well.


It was fun to sit around and catch up with my peeps! We talked politics, we talked food, we talked about travel, we just caught up on life. The food went mighty fine too. The big hit for the evening was the Chipolte-Maple Pork Loin. I made two of those and nearly every ounce was devoured.


The other big hit seemed to be the lasagna with mini meatballs and nearly 5 pounds of mozzarella cheese!


The cleaning process is what really drains me. I think I need to hire a dish washer. I have a dishwashing machine, but it does not really work all that well. I have Aqua Source water, which means everything either turns white or red-rust colored. I have found that a bit of soap turns into a tidal wave. I hope someday to be part of the city's water system. But until then, I wash everything by hand. Considering 30 plates, 30 forks and on and on it piles up.


It was a casual affair. I was dressed down in my sweats ... and it was a perfect Easter. I did have friends that came from salvation central and were dressed to the nines! I sure hope they prayed for me, because the last time I was in a church was ... well, I think Clinton was in office.


Anyway, the parties are on hold for awhile, as vacation to Italy is just weeks away!

No comments: