Friday

Spring into action


Today is the first full day of Spring, and though it began yesterday I am sure everyone is ready for the sun to shine brighter and the temperatures to warm up.


Yesterday was a very special and even odd day at times so let me share this Carbo-style...


First I went to Meijer's to do some of my Easter dinner shopping. First and foremost, I hate Meijers! However, they had pork loin on sale and well, saving money is one of the traits I have in my bones. Well, holy cow, it was "ride your way through the store day" as I swear, I came across or was run down by no less that five jumbo-tron women on carts that were motorized. Seriously, they just continue to have the cart in motion no matter if you are getting something from a shelf of walking. I had to jump back once or I would have been a pancake for certain. I let out a whatthefuck to one of the rude cereal-killer drivers and she did not even bat an eye or brush a crumb from big chinny chin chin.


Have you ever thought you would save time by going through the "don't have to deal with moody bitches" check out line and do it yourself? Well, not a good idea either. Even though the pork loin had bar codes, they don't scan. Even though you scan it and put it on the convert belt, it tells you to pick it back up again. Luckily, by midnight, I made it home.


So now I am grumpy. My cell phone rings, I look at the number, I don't recognize it. However, I answer the phone " this is Mark" as I always do and the voice said, 'Mark? Oh, I thought this was going to be a recording..." a pause and then I say, "Is this Anne Cochran, this sounds like Anne Cochran?" She confirmed it was and I said, you can hang up now, you have made my day and I laughed. Of course I laughed, it is a trademark of mine haha. Anyway we talked about my birthday event, where she will sing for me and we finalized many of the details. She is such a delight.


So I went from a near death experience in the grocery story to the time of my life with a 10 minute phone conversation. Really, spring is in the air... beware, behave and be good.

No comments: