Wednesday

Hey Dinah, what's cookin?


One month from today, I will participate again in the annual Parkview Foundation's Cookin' Men 5!


This is a fundraiser where 70 local guys will prepare something and serve it up trade show style. It is not as boring as it sounds, actually! It is very fun as a chef and entertaining and (ful)filling as a guest.


You go from booth to booth grazing on the grub that each local guy prepares. One year I made an appetizer which was a grape rolled in a cream cheese coating then rolled in toasted nuts. One year I made an Italian bomb which was a Neapolitan of puddings and almond paste with pound cake and pecan brandy. This year I am presenting a no bake chocolate coconut cream pie, that is so simple I am ashamed to make it but I am ...


Initially I was not going to participate because I leave for Italy shortly after the event. However, I have been a part of Cookin Men from the start and how could I not continue the tradition.


Tickets are $75 and you eat plenty of food to make the ticket cost a value. There is always something new added each year and I am sure it will only make the event more powerful. Raising money and doing good for the community .... why don't you join me and enjoy some community pride!

No comments: