Sunday

Saving money part two...


So, yesterday, after I came home to write my blog - I hit the streets. This time my first stop was Dick's Sporting Goods. I bought shirts that I can wear in Italy that I can easily launder and that will be comfortable too.


Next I went to Pier One. I had a gift card from Christmas that I just had to use. I thought it was $25 worth of merchandise on the card. So I bought a few votive candles and holders that are all brown pieces of glass put together in a circular pattern. Probably can't envision what they look like, but they are cool and I bought a glass triangle- larger candle holder and a cool candle that goes with it. I was rung up by three talkative staff members. They were really deep into how to get one of the ladies hair colored and how to make it more "fluffy". I thought, well, you know what, you do need to do something to your hair, and perhaps a shower is the start ... anyway, I was more of a bother to them than their duty to wait on me. One scanned the merchandise the other wrapped. The bad hair lady she just stood there talking and hand-fluffing her hair. Then the scanner started to put the wrapped items into the bag. She then began to unwrap the items saying "what is THIS!?! I don't remember scanning this ..." I thought if you would have shut up long enough to do your job you would have known what you scanned.


Oh, the point of that was to denote that I actually have $50 on this card so now I have to go back again and shop!


Next I went over to Jefferson Point, but I stopped to get gas at that Wal-mart parking lot gas pump. There was a guy with a metal detector going through the piles of snow. Oh well, everyone has a job I guess.


Anyway, I go to Sharper Image. Store Closing Sale! Everything at least 20% off. You know, you just can't give stuff away in that store. Other than the massaging chair I just can't find anything that is worth buying. No wonder they are closing more stores than they will have open ...


I went to Eddie Bauer next. I used to be a Eddie Bauer freak in the 90's. Could not find anything other than different versions of the Swiss Army Knife - they even look like a key. I guess this is so you can easily sneak them through airport security.


Next stop Yankee Candle. New flavors, err scents, came out and I bought a root beer candle and a lime lavender and some other lavender to remove the stress of shopping. Buy one get one half off! This is what the most annoying clerk said to me at least four times. So when I check out, she of course is the short straw I selected. She rang it up, I paid for it and walked outside to think, hmm that does not seem right. I pull out my receipt and dangbangit she did not give it to me for buy one get one half off. So I go back in, she is like "I forgot those were on sale". Don't EVEN! So a manger comes up and he returns, and then credits, and then new sale and he said "Lot of paperwork to return candles... which I said - if your staff did their job the first time I would not be returning a candle.


Finally I was walking to my car and passed the new Chipolte restaurant ... what a fun experience. A burrito as big as my ass, well not that big, but it was a gigantic burrito and it was done up in a Mexican subway type theme where you pick out what goes in it. Then they fold the sides, roll it up and ring ya on up. I did not even eat dinner my breakfast and lunch held me through the night.


So, today I have to go to Macy's to return my cowboy shirt that I bought in Chicago two weeks ago. Have you done your part to save money this weekend?

No comments: